Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cards are everywhere.

I finally got a chance to use the Handyman Lite Cricut Cartridge. I was refusing to pay full price ($39) for this cart although I really wanted it. What happened you ask, I had a Walmart store credit for $8 and I headed straight to the scrapbook aisle. LOL!!! The sketch over at Platinum Scraps this week was from Karen Giron's blog . Here's the sketch and my take on it. Head on over to Platinum Scraps to see how my fellow design team members interpreted the same sketch.




A dear friend of mine asked me to make 50th party invites. What tickled me the most was she made it clear that the standard colors could not be used. She specifically asked for Pink & Purple. Here it is:


Another great idea presented itself for an Ordination Service. This simple, yet elegant card can be used for other occasions as well. You can't tell from the picture, but the ribbon is a gorgeous royal purple.


Let's see what else... Oh, we just celebrated our annual Women's Day at International Church of Christ. Each year, I make something to hand out to some special sisters. This year, I made note holder. The idea came from papertreyink while at CHA this year. Very nice and the recipients were very appreciative. The first picture is how it looks while closed. The second shows the notepad inside.





One more. Today is my Dad's 53rd Birthday. I was up last night making cards. The first card was an idea taken from my good friend Nicole. Check out her blog, she does some nice crafting!!!

4 comments:

  1. Cassie...I see why your Cricut got tired. You have been one busy sista. Love all of the cards, especially the welcome to the neighborhood one. Nice take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie--I like all the cards and the notepad holder. My favorite is the second birthday one for your dad, I love all the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've been one busy moma! Love the notepad holders. That's a great idea. Your dad's cards are wonderful, oh and SASSY invites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Karen, DakotaBear, and Nicole.

    ReplyDelete